Please click on link for imortant inforamtion above regarding the flu.
- Students at school with signs or symptoms of the flu (fever, headache, extreme tiredness, dry cough, runny or stuffy nose, muscle aches) will remain in a separate area away from well students until a parent/guardian picks them up.
- Students with symptoms of the flu may not return to school until they are fever free for at least 24-hours without the use of medications. The Center for Disease Control (CDC) has indicated that students with symptoms of the flu are expected to be out of school for 3-5 days.
- Students who were home due to symptoms of the flu are required to report to the nurse’s office prior to reporting to homeroom upon their return to school. At that time, your child will be observed for signs or symptoms of the flu. If any signs or symptoms are still present, your child will be sent home.
- Staff is aware of the signs and symptoms of the flu.
- Tables will be cleaned after each lunch period.
- Staff will reinforce proper hand washing and covering coughs and sneezes with students.
- Teachers will have wipes to disinfect targeted areas.