If you need to notify the school of an absence, please utilize the Genesis attendance portal. These absence notices come directly to the health/attendance office. I have provided detailed instructions below. If you are unable to access Genesis, please call the main office for assistance. In that case you may call the absence / attendance line (732-786-2606, prompt 2) and leave a detailed voicemail, including the spelling of your student's name, their community, your phone number and the reason for their absence. Please speak slowly and clearly as it is sometimes very difficult to understand the voicemails.
ABSENCE NOTIFICATIONS TO THE SCHOOL NEED TO COME FROM THE PARENT/GUARDIAN, NOT THE STUDENT.
When you log into Parent Genesis, this is the menu bar you see across the top of the page. Click on "Attendance"
2. Once you click on attendance, click on the tab that says "Notify Attendance Office".
3. This is the attendance menu to notify the attendance office. Choose "absent," what date range will be affected and if you have more than one MERS student, you can indicate which student you are documenting about. The school nurses / attendance offices for each student's school will be notified.
4. In the box, please include a reason for the absence.
5. These notifications come straight to us and we will let you know if there are any additional questions or concerns.
6. As with the attendance voicemail box, please don't leave homework requests in the absence notification menu.